Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It's Not the Heat, It's the Humidity

And I love it all.

Am I crazy?

I don't mind that it's going to be 98 degrees today with a heat index of up to 115. Really. It's August. It's St. Louis. This is NORMAL.

I wish I could soak it up and save it for when it's 30 degrees. Seriously. I hate coldness. I only like snow for about 10 minutes of the first snowfall of the season. I don't like to play in the snow...I'm not 10 anymore. I don't want to go sledding. I don't want to bundle up and not be able to walk properly, still get freezing cold and come in to make hot chocolate.

I'm good with swimming in a nice pool, sweating a bit and having a cold drink.

I'd rather walk into work sweating at 8:30 this morning than not being able to feel my feet and/or hands and/or ears.

The only thing that would make this a little better is if I could be lounging by a pool today with a cocktail in hand. But no...I have to work (and blog apparently). Just a couple more days this week...Friday, I'll be at the pool, if you're looking for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment